Monday, July 2, 2012

Some of the cousins you remember...



Here are some cousins to identify.  I find it interesting how the names come back.  I don't know who Ray Lisowski is, but I know
he is either Butch or Sonny.  I beleive one of the guys above I know as Brownie -- or Brownie's brother.  Another I knew as "Tootsie."  It is really exciting to see these photos coming in.  Seeing my mother as a young woman is such a special gift to us.  Keep the photos and documents coming!!!  Love it!  Don't tell us just the names, but tell us when and where they were taken and if they bring back a special memory for you.

5 comments:

  1. The top photo was taken in the kitchen, it's so long since seeing that and brings back so many memories. Would really like to climb on a chair and see what is in the topmost cupboards. Wonder what Mom kept up there, I don't remember her ever getting stuff out or putting stuff back in there. I'll leave putting the names up there to someone else unless no one else does so. Rosie you did an excellent job of touching up the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I can't believe you didn't climb up and look in those cupboards. We, too, had high cupboards in our kitchen. I remember climbing up on the "ledge" when mom and dad were gone and looking in the far right one. I found a hard-covered book that taught me, with very graphic pictures, all about how babies were born. I didn't believe any of it! I don't think I ever told mom I did that.

      Delete
  2. Rosie, that is an absolutely precious picture of Bill, Bev, Veronica?, and you Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Rosie's idea of writing about the memories that the old photos bring to mind. The "Big Chair" that we are sitting in brings to mind the Christmas that I was sick and while everyone else was opening presents, I was sleeping in the chair. We had a picture of that - does anyone have it? It may have been a slide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picture 1:
    The only one I think I can definitely identify is Gene, who is the bottom right boy of the triangle made by the three older kids at the top left corner of the photo. Gene's smile has not changed over the years. When I met him at Aunt Jennie's funeral I knew it had to be Gene's son!!!! Gene, you've aged so well. To Gene's right could be Bob Konsela (Uncle Joe's son) and above the boys could be Mary Anne Pogreba (Aunt Jennie's daughter).

    Top right triangle of girls: Could they be top left, Mary Jane Konsela (Joe's), Barb Pogreba and Ann Pogreba (Jennie's) in front of them???? Help!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.