Thursday, July 26, 2012

**BREAKING NEWS!!!**

If you can call something that happened about 150 years ago that. :-D I just got information that there was at least one son and daughter that did not
leave Poland/Germany! I have not verified this, but they are part of a family tree in German. The son's name is Jacob Laurentius Kondziela and the daughter's name is Susanna Kondziela. I have to get ready for work, so I cannot dig into this further today. I definitely will be over the weekend. I am going to try to contact these people who are "would be" distant relatives (in more ways than one)!

Click this link to check it out! Franz and Rosa Family Tree

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my! You are on a very exciting journey to the past. I can't wait for more on Jacob and Susanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost 100% sure that this is the right tree for us. They also have Obieglos listed and one of them marrying a Lebek. I wrote the guy. I used Google Translator to put the message in German and Polish also. Hopefully he's not weirded out or something and actually answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, have you found out more? I am looking at one of your documents that gives Frank's birth year as 1831 and Rosa's as 1842. That means Frank was 11 years older than Rosa. The oldest son who came to America was Johann who it says was born in Germany in 1861. That means Rosa was only 19 when he was born. Now you are thinking that they had two other children before this time? Is it possible that you could find a Germany marriage document for them? So how many children in all does that make??? Did Johann and Frank come to America at the same time as their parents. I believe that I found that Frank "immigrated" more than once which means he may have returned for some reason. And was Johann married when they immigrated? These documents begin to tell us stories...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susanna was supposed to be born in 1859 (would have made her first born) and Jacob was supposed to be born in 1867 (between August and Lawrence). That would put the total at 14. I don't have marriage documents... yet. John was married to Florentina in 1880 before they came. I have an arrival list from 1895 that I think was him, but the wife's name on there is Margarita (maybe a middle name that she went by?) I have Frank Jr.'s Naturalization Record from 1935 (has date of naturalization, not date of arrival). I would hope that there's an actual set of records that corresponds with it (it's just an index card basically.) I'll upload those also. There is also a Naturalization Record for a Jakob Kondziela, but I don't think it's the right one. Has a birthdate 10 years and 2 days off. Could be the one who made the German family tree was off though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lot to sort out but you sure seem to navigate it all so well. I was studying the 1900 census reports and it indicates that Rosa had 12 children -- 11 living. The 14 you list fit together well in the family. Maybe they were only reporting the ones who had immigrated to the US at that time. Also, in 1900 they reported that that Frank and Rosa were married for 40 years. (Anton and Johanna were married for only 30 years in 1900.) The children fit into that timeframe!

    I have passenger arrival lists (Ellis Island) for Franz Kondziella. I am certain it is the right one because he is 29 at his arrival on 10 April 1893 aboard the Moravia. It listed him as single at that time. I will try to get you this document through Bev. I think that way all the documents can stay together.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.