This is the grave for Rosine/Rosa (Lybeck) Kondziela, Robert's mother. It probably is also the grave for Franz/Frank, Robert's dad. This picture was posted on ancestry.com in 2009 by a descendant of Ignatz "Nick" Konsella, Robert's brother. This is the description that they posted with it:
Marker for Rosa Kondsiela in the St.
Boniface Catholic Church cemetery in Waumandee, Buffalo County,
Wisconsin. Almost completely unreadable, now is it is worn and covered
in lichen. Perhaps the two small stones on either side mark the resting
places for Rosa and Franz.
A year ago, Jim and I visited the St. Boniface Cemetery in Waumandee. I scraped the lichen off the large letters (Kondsiela) on the bottom of the stone with a quarter. When I got home I went on line to learn the proper way to do it. We visited the cemetery again a week ago, but it was 96 degrees and the insects were terrible so I didn't get any more cleaning done. I wonder if someone who lives near Waumandee might consider learning the proper way to clean a stone, clean it, photograph it and then post the picture here with close-ups of the text. Any volunteers?
ReplyDeleteCheck out the post with the gravestone pics that Joe posted for a link on how to clean them. A quarter was NOT a good idea. However it is done, it is sure to be a tedious task. http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nhoga/misc_articles/cleaninggravestones.htm
DeleteYou might try to access the link above by right clicking on it and then clicking on "view page info."