I have found these two documents that would prove grandma and grandpa were first cousins. Now we just have to figure out where the name "Miemietz" came from for great grandmother Obieglo?
When you add documents or pictures you have to do a "POST" rather than a comment. I would have preferred to add it to the "Cousins to begin with" so all that information would stay together. Does anyone have another suggestion of how to keep this more organized here? Bev, should I be doing it differently. I could email it to you and you could put it where it better belongs???


That is one limitation of the Blog. You cannot add a photo to a comment (unless you know some htm language).
ReplyDeleteMiemietz was Great grandma's maiden name. Right???
ReplyDeleteWe are trying to track down where that name came from, Vicky. Do you know anything about it? It does not appear on any documents that we find. They give her mother's maiden name as "Lybeck" and in another place as "Liberk." But the name "Miemietz" is coming from someplace. I have not found a source for it yet, but am still looking. "Jennie" also shows up as "Johanna." There are a lot of Konsela and Obiglo names in Wisconsin during the time they imigrated here and many different spellings. It helps to look at the documents that has the children's names on them to know you have the right family. It is great to have all this information being posted here. Someone will figure it out soon. What do you know about the "Miemietz" name?
ReplyDelete