Saturday, July 21, 2012

A book mentioning Robert and a "bonus" book mentioning a couple of you! :-D


I found a book that mentions Robert. I know that it also mentions
Ignatius. I don't know how much or who else is mentioned because the search function on Google Books didn't even pick up Ignatius, although he is supposed to be mentioned on P. 174.

Waumandee, Wisconsin, 1860-1960: An Affectionate Portrait by La Vern J. Rippley.
While I'm on the topic of books... there is another one that may be of particular interest to the Lisowskis. Here is a short biography of Robert and Vivian that I found. I see they're on the list to go to the reunion. :-)


2 comments:

  1. There is also a newsletter that was put out by the Polish Genealogical Society of Wisconsin that I believe may have some interesting information in it, but I can't view it. I don't know too much about it either. Before you click on the link, it has a few of the names in the description, and right at the beginning it says "... Leonard Konsella". I know Grandpa (Joe's) middle name was Leonard and I haven't seen anyone else with the name Leonard in the family yet. In the index, it lists Joseph Konsella and Jacob Konsella. Either way, if it is a Konsella instead of a Konsela, then they are still related and this newsletter is a source of genealogical information for us. The old site for the Polish Genealogical Society of Wisconsin is down. I'm not sure how we could get our hands on this newsletter.

    http://books.google.com/books?ei=wSILUOPdBuiU2AXa3Oj7Dw&id=qHEOAQAAMAAJ&dq=konsella&q=konsella#search_anchor

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have copies of the Rippley Book at the Mondovi and Arcadia libraries. I also found out that it lists Olga Obieglo's first communion in there.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.