Sunday, June 24, 2012

Preparing Decorations

Jim Keltner awes Mary Jane Konsela and Al Konsela with his 3D design.
Diane Konsela, Al's wife, enjoys tracing decorations from a template.
Donald Konsela cuts out paper doll decorations.
Donald Konsela displays his finished product to his sister, Ruth Forster, and cousin Mary Jane Konsela.
Bev Thoma Keltner's husband, Jim, views his handiwork.

Ruth Konsela Forster works hard.
Al Konsela showing his logo cutout.


A few Konsela cousins met at Al and Diane's house on Saturday and began preparing decorations for the Konsela Cousin Gathering.  It was like a mini reunion and what great fun we had!  We can't wait for "the real" Konsela Cousin Gathering on Saturday, August 18th in Arcadia.  If you are interested in volunteering, check out the Volunteer Tab on the Home page.

3 comments:

  1. It took me a while to figure out who the Rentlek guy is. I'm slow, but not too backwards.

    Looks like there had to be some primary school teachers involved in this activity but it looks like you all had fun.

    Thanks for the blog. It can keep the gathering going for long after the official date.

    Bill Thoma

    Nice to have the blog!

    Bill Thoma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother Bill, I know YOU are not backward. I was the breech baby of the family! This might be a good place to explain just who James Rentlek is. When designing this blog, I opened a special email account because I didn't want to use my personal account. James is my husband's name and Rentlek is Keltner backwards.

    I will proudly admit to being a primary school teacher, but I will let the other cousins speak for themselves. I had a great time!

    Bev (Thoma) Keltner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend the men and women cousins who took 3 plus hours out of their weekend to contribute to creating the decor that expresses the playful spirit of the Konsela Cousins Gathering. Jim said, "I didn't cut out things since I was a child," and he was clearly enjoying it. Albert went to the garage to get his exacto knife and to the kitchen for a cutting board so he could do an even more precise cut-out job than he could with scissors. Don got into it and began to layer his papers so he could cut out 2 at a time. All were fully engaged, concentrating and creating, clearly expressing the "child" part of ourselves. It was fun. When the project was finished Beverly got out her computer with pictures, Diane got out home-made wine and we ate Ruth’s home made chocolate chip cookies while we tried to figure out who was who on the pictures, told what we remembered, made plans for the future and laughed. We look forward to playing some more at the gathering on the 18th when all the cousins will be there.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.